You are looking a job opportunity in the video game industry? Have a look Games-Career.com, the portal for games industry jobs in germany. Next to the many jobs offers at our job portal, we have a special feature for you today. Gameforge is looking for coding talents in Platform Development.
Be part of Gameforge’s Digital Distribution Platform Development Team and help bringing high quality PC games to our customers. You get the chance to work on a key component of our future vision of publishing and distributing high quality PC games. You will develop large scale software solutions by studying needs, data usage, work processes and system flows. In addition, organizing and preparing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming will be your tasks, as well as working with Technical Operations in order to install these. Your goal will be to improve dev operations by conducting systems analysis, implementing changes in policies and procedures. Furthermore, you will find yourself responsible for conferring with product owners and users, investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle. This role resides within the Technical Division, reports to a Technical Director and functions as mentor and guide for other developers.
Tasks to inspire:
- Documentation of solutions via flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Encouraging ownership of code and code quality of each developer by ensuring thorough testing even before Quality Assurance
- Maintaining, testing and improving the performance of existing software to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Determining and implementing proper tools and software for the project
- Clear and regular communication with management and technical support colleagues
- Breaking down specifications into the simplest elements
- Providing technical guidance and leadership to other team members and direct reports
- Working to cross train, sharing knowledge and helping other developers
- Providing excellent service to your customers
Interested? Apply now.
You can find more open positions at the company profile from Gameforge.